Previous Desktop Ramblings

My previous posts may be accessed here: http://wordydave.blogspot.com/

February 13, 2011

Barkleyville Barkers

It was our first visit to one of the local dog parks. Barkleyville Dog Park is about an acre in size, and there is room for about 15 cars to park on a narrow strip of asphalt. No room for us, though. Three or four vehicles were illegally parked in the lot, making it difficult to turn around and leave. So we drove over the bridge to the north and walked back to visit with Liz, Angel and Thomas, who had been there over an hour already.

Thomas had his three dogs with him. They added to the 30+ that were already tearing up the place with their running and retrieving. There were three fenced areas: one for small dogs and one for large, with a play/agility course in between them. Both a fun-for-all and free-for-all experience combined!

The sun hid behind the storm front clouds coming in, so not a lot of color going on in the pictures. Except for the slobbering German shepherd that ran up to me (while I was kneeling for a shot) and planted a kiss on my face and gave me an unexpected glasses cleaning, I enjoyed myself.

I'll continue to prize my non-slobbering kitty cat, Jackson. Sorry, canines everywhere.

No comments: