Previous Desktop Ramblings

My previous posts may be accessed here: http://wordydave.blogspot.com/

February 27, 2010

Shutter Sloshing

A pre-sunset break in the clouds found me fumbling for my camera and heading for the backyard rainbow captures. Rainbow drama is pretty rare around here. I was caught in a bad place at a good time, though, so there was nothing spectacular to report. It was just fun sloshing around the yard trying to find the best vantage points to use in framing.

This neighbor's dead maple tree offered the the greatest contrast and unusual perspective of the bunch. Trying not to include rooftops, I angled the view and zoomed to eliminate them. The bow isn't really over the top of the tree, but to the right, but, hey, art has a certain freedom of expression I like to use.

The front yard picture of our local crow population coming in to roost for the night had the other end of the rainbow in back of them. Here, I used my 55-200mm zoom and a house pillar to stabilize the shot (had to toss three or four others that were more out-of-focus, even with lens stabilization).




Overall, it was a another short experience worth capturing for my collection of short experiences. Sure beats sitting at the computer and writing about it!

No comments: