Previous Desktop Ramblings

My previous posts may be accessed here: http://wordydave.blogspot.com/

January 22, 2010

No Camera Needed

The break started this afternoon with blue sky seen here and there between bright and dirty clouds. I drove home from work after a downpour, crossing the river and glancing at Mt. Diablo to the west. The sunlight draped its snow-dusted peaks, and I just had to do a U-turn at the light, drive back and park in the Post Office parking lot. A quick walk/jog found me on the bridge, finding the best vantage point for a picture. I only had my 3.2 mp Canon with me, so I knew the quality wouldn't be there, especially if I zoomed in.

The peaks were being covered with clouds from the west. It would be just a few minutes before the snow disappeared under them. I got my shots and walked back to the car, not too excited about this rare opportunity: I didn't have my D70 with me!



It's the rare, odd and esoteric that photographers find beautiful. We aim for something 'other,' something we haven't seen before. It is the quest for the secret mysteries of the yet-to-be-seen. It is visual archaeology and a taste of fulfilled prophesy at the same time. It is being surprised by light and awed by color.

"After these things I looked and behold, a door standing open in heaven. And the first voice which I heard was like a trumpet speaking with me, saying, 'Come up here and I will show you things which must take place after this.'
"Immediately I was in the Spirit, and behold, a throne set in heaven, and One sat on the throne. And He who sat there was like a jasper and a sardius stone in appearance; and there was a rainbow around the throne, in appearance like an emerald. . . and from the throne proceeded lightnings, thunderings, and voices. Seven lamps of fire were burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.
"Before the throne there was a sea of glass, like crystal. And in the midst of the throne, and around the throne, were four living creatures full of eyes in front and in back. The first living creature was like a lion, the second living creature like a calf, the third living creature had a face like a man, and the fourth living creature was like a flying eagle.
"The four living creatures each having six wings, were full of eyes around and within. And they do not rest day or night, saying, 'Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, Who was and is and is to come!'" Revelation 4:1-8

No camera needed.

No comments: