Previous Desktop Ramblings

My previous posts may be accessed here: http://wordydave.blogspot.com/

January 15, 2011

Kick-Starts A Necessity


These dark and dreary mornings, fog-filled drama under gray skies and cawing crows, demand strong coffee and a quick kick-start to get down the road.

This morning's sunrise looked more like a bright yellow-orange moon filtering through the haze. I turned off the Interstate at Turner Road to grab a shot before it got much higher. No solitary oak was available, and I stopped at the nearest turnout, an entrance to a gated winery. A long row of trees ran its border, north and south, but I couldn't brave the partly flooded field to get a better photo.




Then it was back on the highway, heading toward Cosumnes River Preserve where the water birds winter. The sun almost came out before I had to jump in the car and drive back to Stockton for breakfast with Barb and Angel. Nothing spectacular occurred, but I enjoyed the companionship of an elderly bird lover like myself and a batch of black-necked stilts.

Maybe I'll try again next Saturday.

No comments: