Previous Desktop Ramblings

My previous posts may be accessed here: http://wordydave.blogspot.com/

May 15, 2010

Back to Buckley


I was hoping to get a few more shots of the Deep Water Channel again this morning before having to work in yard. Got there at 7:30 and left after 9:00. I was thankful for everyone's willingness to visit a bit. Patrick walks his 13 year-old dog, Oreo, here every day. Oreo has a degenerative joint problem and still is faithful in following his master even with the pain. The vet told Patrick it was congenital and there was nothing that could be done about it. The daily exercise is to prevent complete rigor mortis, I guess. Poor pup!

Lots of birds out compared to last Saturday. An osprey flew overhead while I was talking to Patrick. Salt and pepper raptor. A hummingbird let me get within 8' of it while it was warming up for the day. Wow! Saw my first grackle. It's strange, crackling calls give it away. It was being pestered by a red-winged blackbird who was protecting his chicks, I assume.

God's creation includes the best of beauty and ingenuity - all for the purpose of glorifying Him.

No comments: