Previous Desktop Ramblings

My previous posts may be accessed here: http://wordydave.blogspot.com/

April 28, 2010

Finger Friends

We drove halfway down Electra Road last Saturday, scouting the hillside for wildflowers and other interesting attractions. Rafters on the river side of us received oohs and aahs from the peanut gallery while I found a few places to pull off the narrow road and do some hunting.

I let Angel use my old point-and-shoot. She's not yet to the "Wow! What a beautiful flower" stage at 9 years old, but she certainly can appreciate a beautiful bug - beetles in this instance. I showed her how to use the macro mode and away she went, trying her best to capture the little critters. This is the only picture that wasn't too blurry, and it is the best of the day in my opinion (including all the ones I took!).

Her camera was soon in my back pocket, then given to Barb after I pointed out a little creek filled with mica schist, milky quartz, basalt and other treasures. She's more rock hound than photog, still exploring all the options. Barb took this picture of her holding a few pounds of quartz (I think).

You can see more of this trip here: Gold Country Afternoon

No comments: