Previous Desktop Ramblings

My previous posts may be accessed here: http://wordydave.blogspot.com/

December 26, 2009

A Gift for Barb

Wow! It was a real day off Saturday, complete with a one-man installation of Barb's big Christmas gift --- a new, first-rate dishwasher. It was time for our twenty-two year old, 85 decibel Kenmore to leave the nest with a swift kick.

Some of you know all about this handy dandy DIY project where you have to go out and buy a replacement kit for the water connector, new water line and electrical cord. No biggie, thankfully. Everything went well until I was ready to attach the new drain hose to the sink. Uh oh, the new one is too big! So, after perusing the options and alternatives, I stole the old hose from the old dishwasher to see what I could come up with. Fit the sink perfectly, but didn't fit the new hose without cutting off an inch of the end, forcing it into the new end and clamping them together. After a test, no problem, so I'll keep an eye on it and see if it holds. Hey, it's only water!


This unit is beautiful and I feel a little guilty for getting a $1049 washer for only $426. Then subtract another $50 for a P.G.&E. rebate. The salesman gave us a special deal when the unit we wanted wasn't in stock/discontinued. Thanks, Danny!

Now I feel a bit guilty. It's so quiet you can hardly hear it running, only uses a little water and a little electricity and was so cheap! The Lord knew Barbara Sue deserved something special this year. I can wait another year or so before I get a better camera.

Now, where did I put that Ibuprofen?

1 comment:

Rich Cantrell said...

Hi Dave. It has been somes time since I check in on your blog. Shame on me. Happy New year to you and the family. Could it be that you have a new LG dishwasher. It looks very much like the new one we had to purchase the first part of December.
May you be richley bless throughout 2010. Your #1 fan is San Antonio. Rich